- 1/2 cup buckwheat groats (100 g), I used raw buckwheat groats
- 2 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (500 ml), we used oat milk
- 2 bananas
- Toppings: cacao nibs, maple syrup, sliced almonds y almond butter (optional)
- Soak buckwheat groats for at least 4 hours. This step is optional, but it makes buckwheat groats easier to digest and they’ll cook faster.
- Drain the groats and add them to a food processor or a blender with the milk. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to a saucepan, bring it to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Serve the porridge in bowls and add your favorite toppings (we added sliced bananas, cacao nibs, maple syrup, slice almonds and also almond butter).
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe with the bananas, but excluding the other toppings
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 17.9 g
- Sodium: 59 mg
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.8 g
- Fiber: 5.1 g
- Protein: 5.9 g