- 1 and 1/4 cup dates (200 g), I used Deglet Nour dates, but any type will do
- 1 1/2 cups water (375 ml)
- 1 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Use immediately as a sugar replacer in pretty much any recipe or keep the syrup in a sealed jar or container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
- Feel free to use Medjool dates or any other dates you have on hand.
- Lemon juice is optional, but your date syrup will last longer if you add it.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 251
- Sugar: 56.4g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrates: 66.8g
- Fiber: 7.1g
- Protein: 2.2g