- 2 ½ cups canned or cooked black beans (430 g)
- ½ cup water (125 ml)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Cayenne powder to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Place 1/2 cup of the beans (86 g) in a blender. Add the water, cloves of garlic and chopped onion and blend until smooth.
- Place the rest of the ingredients in a large pot and the mixture you’ve just blended.
- Bring it to a boil and then cook over medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. If the stew is too dry, add more water.
- We added some chopped red bell pepper and cilantro for garnish.