Creamy Vegan Cauliflower Soup
This creamy vegan cauliflower soup is so light and simple and although cauliflower is not one of our favorite veggies, we really enjoy this amazing recipe.
- Author: Simple Vegan Blog
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: Vegan
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups vegetable broth (500 ml)
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice (250 ml)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pot and add the garlic and onion.
- Cook over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add the cauliflower, broth and milk and bring it to a boil. Then cook over medium-high heat for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add the salt, black pepper and nutritional yeast and blend using an immersion or a regular blender.
- Serve with your favorite toppings. We added some peas, toasted almond slices, chopped chives and more ground black pepper.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 183
- Sugar: 6.7 g
- Sodium: 334.1 mg
- Fat: 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g
- Fiber: 7.4 g
- Protein: 13 g
Keywords: vegan cauliflower soup, cauliflower soup, healthy cauliflower soup