- 2 cups shredded coconut (190 g), unsweetened and dried
- 4 cups boiling water (1 liter)
- Add the shredded coconut and boiling water to a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until the coconut is puréed and the mixture seems well combined, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Allow to cool, and pour the mixture into a nut milk bag, a napkin, a cheesecloth or even a fine mesh strainer.
- Squeeze all the liquid out of the coconut. Squeeze until you’ve extracted as much of the milk as possible. Use the pulp to make coconut flour, or add it to your smoothies, oatmeal or energy balls.
- Keep the milk in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-7 days. Enjoy hot and cold. The coconut milk will separate after being refrigerated, just shake before use.
- Nutritional info is not accurate, as we discard part of the pulp.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe (1/2 cup or 125 ml approx)
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 5 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 0.8 g