- 3 medium apples, I used red apples, but any type will do
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2–1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Peel and dice the apples.
- Add the apples and all the remaining ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined. You could also mix the ingredients directly in the baking dish if you want to.
- Transfer to a baking dish (I used an 8×8 inch or 20×20 cm baking dish), cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately with some vegan vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream on top.
- Keep the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Feel free to use any type of apples for this recipe.
- Although I prefer to use a little bit of a natural sweetener such as maple syrup, any other kind of sweetener will work too.
- You can add any type of cornstarch.
- Nutmeg and ginger would give your baked apples an amazing flavor, but I like them better without them.
- I used homemade vegan vanilla ice cream, but you can get it at the store instead.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of the recipe
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 31.2 g
- Sodium: 4 mg
- Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 45.3 g
- Fiber: 5.9 g
- Protein: 0.7 g