- 2 14-ounce cans chopped tomatoes (800 g)
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 10-ounce package fresh spinach (300 g), finely chopped
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas (400 g), drained and rinsed
- Place the chopped tomatoes and all the spices in a large pot and bring it to a boil, then cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the spinach and the water and cook for about 5 minutes more.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for another 5 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- We serve this dish with some basmati rice, but it’s up to you.
- Keep it in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe without rice
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 10.9 g
- Sodium: 1369.2 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.2 g
- Fiber: 20.6 g
- Protein: 17.9 g