We’ve made this chocolate cups recipe a hundred times. You only need four ingredients: chocolate, dates, banana and water. As you can see, it’s quick, easy and really cheap!
We love these chocolate cups because they are so simple and lighter than other sweet recipes. They are just perfect!
To make this recipe you’re gonna need a bowl and a saucepan to melt the chocolate in a double boiler, a blender to make the filling and a pan in which to put the mix. We’ve used baking cups and this muffin pan. You can just use the baking cups if you want.
To make the filling we’ve used dates, water and banana, but you can use other ingredients. We love this filling because it’s very healthy, light and it’s also delicious.
In the photo below you can see how we make our chocolate cups, you only have to melt the chocolate, place some in the bottom of the baking cups, add the filling and cover with more chocolate.
We use dark chocolate (70% cocoa or more) because we love its flavor and also it’s healthier and vegan, although you can use your favorite chocolate and add some sweetener if you want.
You can make smaller chocolate cups, using mini baking cups. Your chocolate cups will be so cute and less cloying.
This vegan recipe is also gluten, dairy, egg and soy free. If you like chocolate as much as we do, you’re gonna love these chocolate cups. You can also add nuts and seeds or any ingredient you like.
We hope you like these delicious and really easy to make chocolate cups. Happy Easter!!!
- 14 ounces chocolate (400 grams)
- 2.6 ounces dates (75 grams)
- ⅓ cup water (75 milliliters)
- 1 banana
- Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl and melt it in a double boiler.
- To make the filling, blend the dates, water and banana in a blender or food processor.
- Pour the melted chocolate in the bottom of the baking cup (we’ve used this muffin pan too because it’s easier to make).
- Put the muffin pan (or the baking cups) into the fridge for about 5 or 10 minutes. This step is optional.
- Add the filling and cover with more chocolate. Set in the fridge to set.
- Serving Size: 1 chocolate cup
- Calories: 398
- Sugar: 45.6 g
- Sodium: 8.9 mg
- Fat: 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 14.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 55.1 g
- Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 3.5 g