We posted this apple pie baked oatmeal a few months ago and you loved it guys, so here we are with another baked oatmeal recipe. I know summer is not the best time for baking, but it's totally worth it and baked oatmeal is easier to make than the original recipe. You don't have to stir and is perfect for beginners, besides, it has a more intense flavor, like a chocolate cake or some delicious baked treat.
You can make it the day before and eat the oatmeal cold or at room temperature (they're delicious with some vegan ice cream) or reheat it using the oven or a saucepan (add some water or plant milk). We don't use the microwave, but it's another option. If you use it, add some water or plant milk as well.
Oatmeal is the perfect healthy vegan breakfast recipe because it's so satiating and will give you the energy you need to start your day. It's also a great snack or even dessert. I could eat it all day long!
- You can use others plant milks, sweeteners, fruits, dried fruits or nuts.
- Use water instead of plant milk if you want, although the oatmeal will be less creamy and also will have less flavor.
- You don't need to add the strawberries and cacao nibs, they're optional ingredients. Feel free to add any other thing you've got on hand or don't add anything.
We’re hosting a giveaway of some amazing maple products! It will be close next Saturday, so hurry up! You can find all the info on this post.
Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
This chocolate bake oatmeal is the perfect healthy vegan breakfast recipe because it's so satiating and will give you the energy you need to start your day.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 1 cup oats (120 g)
- ½ cup boiling water (250 ml)
- ¼ cup almond milk (65 ml)
- 1 sliced banana
- ¼ cup chopped dates (50 g)
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (40 g)
- 4 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 chopped strawberries
- Cacao nibs
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 355ºF.
- Place the oats in a bowl and add boiling water (you have to cover the oats). Let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Add the almond milk, banana, dates, almonds, sugar and cocoa powder.
- Mix well and place the oatmeal in a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the strawberries and cacao nibs just before serving.
Keywords: chocolate baked oatmeal, chocolate oatmeal, baked oatmeal
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!