- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup peas (70 g), frozen or canned
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (70 g), frozen or canned
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
- Follow instructions for cauliflower rice. Set aside.
- Add the oil to a skillet and when it’s hot, add the garlic, onion, carrot, peas, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook over medium-high heat until they start to golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add the corn kernels, stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice (which it’s already cooked following my cauliflower rice recipe) and stir until well combined.
- Add the tamari or soy sauce, stir again and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Finally, add the sesame oil (optional), stir and serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days or in the freezer for 1-2 months.
- The prep and cook time don’t include the time you need to prepare the cauliflower rice.
- Feel free to use any type of oil or replace it with some water or vegetable stock.
- Add any veggies, spices or herbs you have on hand.
- If you don’t eat soy, use some coconut aminos instead of the tamari or soy sauce. You could also add some salt to taste instead.
- Sesame oil is completely optional, so omit it or use any other oil instead.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 130
- Sugar: 7.6 g
- Sodium: 501 mg
- Fat: 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8 g
- Fiber: 7 g
- Protein: 6.3 g