- 2 cups raw unsalted cashews (300 g)
- ¾ cups water (200 ml)
- ½ cups nutritional yeast (8 tbsp)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1–2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- The day after, drain and rinse.
- Incorporate the cashews and the remaining ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined. Add more or less salt to taste.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, crudités or bread. You could also add it to your pizza or your vegan burger.
- Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge 5-7 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Raw cashews work best for this recipe, but you could also use the toasted ones.
- Lemon juice can be substituted for lime juice.
- Feel free to add other herbs and spices if you’d like your cheese to be tastier.
- Prep time doesn’t include soaking time.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp
- Calories: 56
- Sodium: 60 mg
- Fat: 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.6 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 3 g