For the cauliflower wings:
For the batter:
- 1 cup plant milk, I used soy milk (250 ml)
- 3/4 cup flour (120 g), use gluten-free if needed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
For the Buffalo wings sauce:
- 1/2 cup water (125 ml)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar (4 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup tomato paste (4 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne powder
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF or 230ºC.
- Wash and cut the cauliflower head into bite-sized pieces or florets.
- Mix the batter ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Dip each floret into the batter and coat evenly. Shake off the excess and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flipping over the florets halfway through.
- To make the Buffalo wings sauce you can mix all the ingredients in a bowl or add them to a blender and blend until smooth.
- After that, pour the sauce into a mixing bowl.
- Toss the baked florets in the sauce, 1 or 2 pieces at a time. Shake off the excess and place them back on the baking sheet.
- Bake them for another 20 minutes or until golden brown, flipping over the florets halfway through.
- Serve with vegan ranch dressing, vegan sour cream, healthy ketchup, or healthy barbecue sauce. Go ahead and serve them with your favorite sauces or ingredients!
- Keep the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Feel free to use store-bought Buffalo wings sauce or even mix hot sauce with some tahini.
- Use any type of vinegar.
- You can substitute the tamari or soy sauce for salt (although in that case, you should add 2 tbsp of water as well).
- Feel free to replace the tahini with extra virgin olive oil or any other kind of oil (you may need to add less water though).
- Add, change, or replace the spices you’d like.
- The sauce is pretty spicy, so I suggest you add about 1/8 tsp of cayenne powder first, then taste it and add more of it if needed.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 137
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 460 mg
- Fat: 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 22.9 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 5.9 g