- 1 pound Brussels sprouts (500 g), rinsed and trimmed
- 2–3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Dash of cayenne flakes (optional)
- Cut the Brussels sprouts in half lengthwise.
- Cook them in a large pot with boiling water for 3 minutes (don’t over ¡cook them). This step is optional, you could only sautée the sprouts in a skillet, but I feel this way they’re softer and also taste better.
- Drain and thoroughly dry them with a dish towel.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet (if you don’t consume oil, just use some water or vegetable stock) and cook them in 2-3 batches over medium-high heat for both sides until golden brown (about 2-3 minutes each side).
- Add the rest of the ingredients (garlic, salt, pepper and cayenne flakes), stir and cook for 1 minute or until the garlic is golden brown.
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
- Nutritional info was calculated by using 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 2.7 g
- Sodium: 179 mg
- Fat: 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.4 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 4.5 g