- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice (100 g)
- 1 cup chopped red cabbage (80 g)
- 1/2 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 chopped zucchini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/8 tsp cayenne powder
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Cook the brown rice according to package directions.
- Place some water in a wok or frying pan and bring it to a boil. Then add the veggies (they must be covered by the water) and cook for 1 to 2 minutes over high-heat. Drain the veggies and set aside.
- Heat the oil in the wok and add the garlic, cayenne powder and parsley. Cook over high-heat for about 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetables, rice and tamari. Cook for about 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add some sesame seeds for garnish (optional).
- Store the brown rice stir-fry in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Feel free to use other grains, veggies, spices or any other non-refined oil.
- To make an oil-free recipe, just cook the garlic, cayenne powder and parsley in some water or oil-free broth. You could also omit step number 3, use some garlic powder and cook it with the cayenne powder, parsley, veggies and rice for a few minutes.
- If you don’t like spicy food, omit the cayenne powder or add less.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe without the sesame seeds
- Calories: 197
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 476.8 mg
- Fat: 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.1 g
- Fiber: 4.1 g
- Protein: 5.6g