- 1 pound potatoes (450 g), peeled if desired and diced
- 1–2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning or any other dried herb
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix until well combined (I prefer to use my hands).
- Place the potatoes onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until soft and golden brown (my potatoes were ready in 25 minutes).
- Serve immediately with sauces like vegan mayo, healthy ketchup, barbecue sauce, vegan aioli, and vegan sour cream. You could also eat them as part of a vegan brunch with fresh fruit, vegan butter and homemade jelly toasts, tofu scramble, and natural orange juice or coffee. Another option is serving your breakfast potatoes with any vegan meat substitute like seitan or tempeh bacon.
- Keep the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for about 5-7 days.
- You don’t need to peel the potatoes if you don’t want to, especially if you use organic potatoes.
- Feel free to use any kind of potatoes.
- I recommend you make your own Italian seasoning at home because it’s a simple recipe and more affordable than the store-bought ones.
- Add any herbs or spices you want. You could also add fresh parsley or any other fresh herb just before serving.
- If you’re oil-free, just omit the oil or use any other liquid instead, like lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, or vegetable stock.
- I normally use Himalayan pink salt, although you can use any type of salt.
- You could also replace garlic powder for fresh garlic or onion powder.
- If you don’t want to use the oven just steam the potatoes until soft and place them in a skillet with all the remaining ingredients. Then mix until well combined and sautée them until golden brown.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 219
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 595 mg
- Fat: 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.2 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 4 g