- 2 cups cooked or canned black beans (380 g)
- 1/2 cup instant oats (120 g), gf if needed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (4 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- Feel free to use canned beans or cook them from scratch. If you’re going to cook them, use 1 cup of dried black beans (190 g). Drain and wash your canned beans. If you’re using cooked beans, you don’t have to wash them, just drain them.
- Add canned or cooked beans to a large mixing bowl and mash them. I prefer to use an immersion blender, but a fork or a potato masher is also okay.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mash again until well combined. Add more oats if needed.
- Make 4 or 5 patties with your hands.
- I cooked them on a griddler for about 5 to 10 minutes or until golden brown with no oil. Feel free to add some oil if you want, grill them or cook them in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Enjoy by themselves or serve them with some bread (gf if needed) or your favorite toppings (I added tahini, ketchup, tomato slices, lettuce and red onion). Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Any other type of beans is okay.
- If you don’t consume soy, use coconut aminos instead of the tamari or soy sauce, or add some salt and water.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices.
- Serving Size: 1 of 5 burgers (with no bread or toppings)
- Calories: 188
- Sugar: 2.2 g
- Sodium: 221 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.7 g
- Fiber: 10.9 g
- Protein: 12.9 g