- 1 cup strawberries (150 g), chopped
- 1 cup blueberries (150 g)
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- Put all the ingredients together in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until it boils.
- After that, cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If the fruit is already sweet, you don’t need to add any kind of sweetener, but you might want to try it and add some sugar to taste if you’d like your compote sweeter.
- You can serve immediately or wait until cool. Eat it with French toasts, vegan chocolate ice cream, vegan pancakes, or even vegan waffles. Serve your favorite sweet dishes with this vegan compote for a delicious fruity taste.
- Keep the leftovers in a sealed container for 7-10 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- You can either use fresh or frozen fruit, although I like it better when I use seasonal fresh fruit.
- Feel free to incorporate more fruit or use any type of fruit you have on hand.
- If your compote becomes too watery, add 1 tsp of chia seeds after it’s done.
- You can also incorporate other spices like ground cinnamon, ground or fresh ginger, vanilla extract, lemon or orange zest, etc.
- Sugar is optional.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of the recipe
- Calories: 24
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.9 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 0.4 g