These baked zucchini fries are a delicious appetizer, snack or side dish. They’re vegan, gluten-free, super healthy and made with just 5 ingredients.
Who doesn’t love fries? They were one of my favorite foods before going vegan, and I still love them so much, although I cook them in a healthier way.
Baked French fries are the bomb and you don’t even need to add any oil to make them taste amazing. Since I discovered them, I’ve made all kinds of baked fries like baked sweet potato fries or baked avocado fries. As zucchini is one of the veggies I eat the most, I had to make this recipe and it’s so good!
The classic recipe is made with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, but as I wanted to make a vegan and gluten-free version, I used my vegan Parmesan cheese instead. No breadcrumbs needed!
Ground nuts are a great substitute for breadcrumbs if you’re looking for a gluten-free alternative. Almond flour is a good choice and so convenient as you can find it at most supermarkets. I love to use my Parmesan cheese because it makes everything taste much better.
looking for more zucchini recipes?
- Zucchini noodles with avocado sauce
- Zucchini noodles with vegetables
- Vegan zucchini Alfredo
- Vegan zucchini pizza bites
- Zucchini muffins (vegan and gluten-free)
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF or 220ºC.
- Add the vegan Parmesan cheese, dried oregano and ground black pepper to a shallow dish and mix until well combined. Place the milk in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip the zucchini sticks into the soy milk and then place into the vegan Parmesan cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat.
- Place the zucchini fries onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sauce (I used hummus) or keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices.
- Feel free to fry your zucchini fries if you don’t want to use your oven.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 250 mg
- Fat: 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.4 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 9.3 g