These baked zucchini fries are a delicious appetizer, snack or side dish. They're vegan, gluten-free, super healthy and made with just 5 ingredients.
Who doesn't love fries? They were one of my favorite foods before going vegan, and I still love them so much, although I cook them in a healthier way.
Baked French fries are the bomb and you don't even need to add any oil to make them taste amazing. Since I discovered them, I've made all kinds of baked fries like baked sweet potato fries or baked avocado fries. As zucchini is one of the veggies I eat the most, I had to make this recipe and it's so good!
The classic recipe is made with breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese, but as I wanted to make a vegan and gluten-free version, I used my vegan Parmesan cheese instead. No breadcrumbs needed!
Ground nuts are a great substitute for breadcrumbs if you're looking for a gluten-free alternative. Almond flour is a good choice and so convenient as you can find it at most supermarkets. I love to use my Parmesan cheese because it makes everything taste much better.
looking for more zucchini recipes?
- Zucchini noodles with avocado sauce
- Zucchini noodles with vegetables
- Vegan zucchini Alfredo
- Vegan zucchini pizza bites
- Zucchini muffins (vegan and gluten-free)
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Baked Zucchini Fries (Vegan and Gluten Free)
- 2 large zucchinis, sliced into sticks
- 1 batch vegan Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup dried oregano
- ¼ cup unsweetened plant milk of your choice, I used soy milk
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF or 220ºC.
- Add the vegan Parmesan cheese, dried oregano and ground black pepper to a shallow dish and mix until well combined. Place the milk in a separate shallow bowl.
- Dip the zucchini sticks into the soy milk and then place into the vegan Parmesan cheese mixture, a few at a time and shake to coat.
- Place the zucchini fries onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite sauce (I used hummus) or keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Add your favorite herbs and spices.
- Feel free to fry your zucchini fries if you don't want to use your oven.
John Holmes says
Zucchini was soggy and not crisp, very disappointed
Iosune Robles says
Hi! I'm so sorry about that 🙁
Yummo! I made these with dinner tonight and served with a side salad and a dollop of baba Ganouche and they were delicious! My partner is skeptics of anything I put nutritional yeast in, but he was very impressed as was I! Definitely tasted like Parmesan!
Hi Kelsie! Sounds so good 🙂 So glad you guys enjoyed it!
Thanks for the recipe! My cheese got a little wet and didnt stick to the zucchini 🙁 Any tips?
Hi Julius! You're so welcome 🙂 Use one hand for the dry ingredients (the vegan Parmesan cheese, dried oregano and ground black pepper mixture) and the other hand for the milk. Hope it helps!