- 12 ounces firm tofu (340 g), cubed
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 3–6 tbsp cornstarch (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Add the tofu cubes, tamari or soy sauce, oil and garlic powder to a large bowl, mix until well combined and let rest for at least 5 minutes.
- Drain the tofu and transfer 1/3 of the tofu cubes to a freezer bag with 1 or 2 tbsp of cornstarch and toss to coat. Repeat this step with the rest of the tofu and cornstarch. Add more cornstarch if needed.
- Place the tofu cubes onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the baking sheet from the oven, and flip each of the tofu cubes, that way they can cook evenly on the other side. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. Baked tofu is delicious just by itself, but you can enjoy it with any sauce you like, use it to make other tofu recipes like sweet and sour tofu or general Tso’s tofu, or add it to stews, soups, salads, and more!
- I prefer to add 6 tbsp of cornstarch because I like my tofu cubes super crispy, but feel free to use only 3 tbsp or even less.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 129
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 264 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 8.7 g