- 1 pound potatoes (450 g), Russet potatoes are ideal
- 1–2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 430ºF or 220ºC.
- Peel (or leave skin on) and slice the potatoes to French fries shape. Try to keep them all about the same size, so they cook evenly.
- Place the potatoes in a bowl full of cold water and allow them to sit for 30 minutes, that way the potatoes release the starch and they will be super crispy. This step is optional, though.
- Drain and dry the potatoes with a kitchen towel.
- Transfer to a large bowl, add the oil and toss to coat.
- Place the potatoes onto a baking sheet (lined with parchment paper) and bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and crispy, turning over after 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, add salt to taste and serve immediately with ketchup or your favorite sauce. Keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for about 4-5 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1 tbsp of oil and 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 1.8 g
- Sodium: 304 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 39.3 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 4.6 g