- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Add the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a shallow dish and mix until well combined. Place the milk and nutritional yeast in 2 separate shallow bowls.
- Halve the avocado, discard the pit and skin and cut each half into 6 slices.
- Coat each slice in flour, then milk, and finally nutritional yeast.
- Place the avocado fries onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. We made our simple restaurant-style salsa, but any other will do. We also love our mayonnaise, aioli, ketchup, yogurt sauce or ranch dressing.
- The baked avocado fries are better fresh, but you can also keep them in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Baked nutritional yeast has a bitter taste, but we like it. If you don’t, use some breadcrumbs or panko instead.
- Omit the garlic powder and pepper if you want or add more spices.
- Add more flour, milk or nutritional yeast if needed.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe without the salsa
- Calories: 173
- Sugar: 0.7 g
- Sodium: 163 mg
- Fat: 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 7.1 g
- Protein: 7.8 g