These 7-ingredient baked avocado fries are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. It's a delicious, vegan, gluten-free appetizer or snack recipe.
Avocado is a really popular fruit and one of our favorite sources of fat. We use it to make all kinds of savory recipes like salads, burritos, or toasts, because avocado goes well with pretty much everything.
Pinterest is a great platform for finding new recipes and when I saw avocado fries for the first time I knew I had to make them, but in a healthier way (baked, vegan and gluten-free).
They're so crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside and you can eat them with any dipping sauce you have on hand. It's a delicious and easy to make appetizer or snack recipe.
You can see the avocado fries just before baking in the picture below and the final product in the other photos. Hope you give this amazing recipe a try!
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Baked Avocado Fries (Vegan and Gluten-Free)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF or 180ºC.
- Add the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a shallow dish and mix until well combined. Place the milk and nutritional yeast in 2 separate shallow bowls.
- Halve the avocado, discard the pit and skin and cut each half into 6 slices.
- Coat each slice in flour, then milk, and finally nutritional yeast.
- Place the avocado fries onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- The baked avocado fries are better fresh, but you can also keep them in a sealed container in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
- Baked nutritional yeast has a bitter taste, but we like it. If you don't, use some breadcrumbs or panko instead.
- Omit the garlic powder and pepper if you want or add more spices.
- Add more flour, milk or nutritional yeast if needed.