- 2 pounds eggplants (900 g), about 2-3 eggplants
- 1/4 cup tahini (4 tbsp)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (65 ml)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (4 tbsp), chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF or 200ºC.
- Place the eggplants onto a lined baking sheet and pierce the skin with a knife. This helps steam escape while the eggplants roast.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes or until they’re soft. Remove from the oven and cool 10 to 15 minutes until easily handled.
- Chop the roasted eggplants and add them to a food processor or a blender along with the remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- You could serve it immediately, but I prefer to eat it cold. Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-7 days. I added some paprika and chopped fresh parsley on top and served with some crudités (cucumber, red bell pepper and carrot) and pita bread.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of the recipe
- Calories: 106
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 300 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 9.7 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 2.6 g