- 2 slices of bread, see notes
- 1/2–1 avocado
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of red pepper flakes, optional
- Toast the slices of bread in the oven or toaster (optional).
- Add the avocado and lemon juice to a mixing bowl and mash with a fork. You can also mash the avocado onto your bread, but I prefer to use a bowl.
- Divide the mashed avocado evenly among the toasts, and top with a pinch of salt, nutritional yeast (1 tsp per toast), garlic powder (1/8 tsp per toast), and a dash of red pepper flakes (optional).
- Serve immediately and eat them plain or as part of a vegan brunch with coffee, oat milk, or any other kind of plant milk, natural orange juice, tofu scramble, and breakfast potatoes.
- Use store-bought bread (gluten-free if needed) or make my easy rye and spelt bread or gluten-free bread. You can also use crackers or rice cakes.
- Add your favorite spices and dried or fresh herbs, or any other ingredient you want to.
- You can omit the red pepper flakes if you don’t like them.
- Feel free to add some extra virgin olive oil or any other oil you have on hand.
- These toasts are also delicious with some vegan Parmesan cheese on top.
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 186
- Sugar: 1.4 g
- Sodium: 233 mg
- Fat: 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.2 g
- Fiber: 6.3 g
- Protein: 6.6 g