Avocado Hummus Toasts with Chickpeas
These avocado hummus toasts with chickpeas are a tasty, healthy and nutritious option for breakfast or snack and also for a quick and light lunch or dinner.
- Author: Simple Vegan Blog
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Breakfast, snack
- Cuisine: American
- 4 bread slices, we used German rye bread
- 1/3 cup hummus (80 g)
- 1/4 avocado
- 7 oz canned or cooked chickpeas (200 g)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or tahini
- Chopped fresh parsley and sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- To make the avocado hummus, add the hummus and the avocado in a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the chickpeas in a mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients (except the bread, parsley and sesame seeds) and mix until well combined (if you use tahini you'll maybe need to add some water or lemon juice if it's too thick). You can eat them cold or hot. We prefer to cook them in a frying pan until they're warm.
- To assemble the toasts spread some avocado hummus onto the rye bread, add the chickpeas and finally garnish with some parsley and sesame seeds. Heat the bread if you want (we didn't).
- Avocado hummus and chickpeas can be stored separately in sealed containers in the fridge for about 4 days.
- If you can't eat gluten, use some gluten-free bread or rice cakes.
- Feel free to use other legumes, spices, herbs or seeds.
- Store-bought hummus or any other spread can be used instead of the avocado hummus.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 260.1 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.8 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 5.1 g
Keywords: avocado hummus toasts with chickpeas, hummus toasts, avocado toasts