Having oatmeal for breakfast is the perfect way to start your day with energy and happiness. I use to have a huge smoothie first thing in the morning, but if I can't have it because I'm not at home and I can't get a blender, oatmeal is my second choice. I also make it when I want something sweet, warm, comforting and easy to make.
The best thing about oatmeal is there are so many ingredients you can use, so you can make new recipe any time you make it. I'm in love with almond butter and coconut oil, if you add just a tablespoon, your oatmeal will be so delicious and creamy.
This is the first time I make baked oatmeal and it's amazing! I used apples because they're in season and bananas because they're one of my favorite fruits.
I prefer to make the traditional recipe on a daily basis, but if you have time or you've never tried baked oatmeal before, you need to give this recipe a try!
- You don't have to use oat milk as I did, any other plant milk will work, although you can also use just water.
- Feel free to use other sweeteners, fruits, dried fruits, nuts, seeds, spices or any other ingredient you like.
- If you can't eat oats, you could try to use quinoa or buckwheat. I want to make an "oatmeal" without oats, so stay tuned! ?
Apple Pie Baked Oatmeal
This apple pie baked oatmeal is so easy to make, you just need to mix all the ingredients in a bowl, place them in a baking dish and bake until golden brown.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, American
- 1 cup rolled oats (120 g)
- 1 cup boiling water (250 ml)
- 2 diced apples
- 1 sliced banana
- ½ cup raisins (80 g)
- ¼ cup oat milk (65 ml)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 355ºF.
- Place the oats in a bowl and add boiling water (you have to cover the oats). Let stand for about 10 minutes. Then add the rest of the ingredients.
- Mix well and place the oatmeal in a baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- I made this recipe with 2 tablespoon ground cinnamon, but as many of you thought it was too much, I've changed the recipe to only 2 tsp. If you love cinnamon as much as I do, feel free to add more.
- Serving Size: ¼ of the recipe
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 30.9 g
- Sodium: 14.3 mg
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 57.8 g
- Fiber: 7.6 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
Keywords: apple pie baked oatmeal, vegan baked oatmeal, baked oatmeal with apples
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).