- 1–2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- 8 oz cauliflower (225 g), chopped
- 8 oz potato (225 g), peeled and cubed
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger root (about 1 cm), chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat the oil in a skillet or large pot and add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. If you don’t want to use oil, just add some water or vegetable stock instead.
- Add the potato, stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower, stir and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, stir, cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the potato and cauliflower are tender.
- Serve immediately (I added some chopped fresh cilantro on top) or keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-7 days.
- Nutritional info has been calculated by using 1 tbsp of oil.
- Recipe inspired by Kabita’s Kitchen.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 200
- Sugar: 4.9 g
- Sodium: 625 mg
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.8 g
- Fiber: 6.7 g
- Protein: 5.3 g