If you’re looking for a quick, easy and super nutritious breakfast or snack recipe, this delicious oatmeal bowl is for you. It’s ready in just 5 minutes!
When we were in Ubud, we had this oatmeal bowl for breakfast every single day and I miss it so much. It’s perfect if you’re in a hurry or want something simple, but healthy and delicious too! I also had it as a snack and even as a dessert sometimes.
Fruit in Spain is pretty good, but in South East Asia is out of this world. Mangoes and papayas were great, but I tried to eat as many dragon fruits or pitayas as I could because it’s hard to find this fruit in Spain and is also extremely expensive. We used white dragon fruit to make our tropical fruit salad, but pink dragon fruit has a more intense flavor, is higher in antioxidants and makes everything so beautiful thanks to its bright pink color.
If you can’t find dragon fruit or it’s really expensive in your area, don’t worry! Any berry or fruit is okay, just use what you have on hand or what’s in season. All fruits are so healthy and rich in nutrients.
looking for more breakfast recipes?
- Vegan peanut butter and jelly overnight oats
- Vegan bircher muesli
- Vegan French toast
- Simple tofu scramble
- Vegan avocado toast
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- Add oats and boiling water to a bowl, stir and let stand for 2 to 3 minutes. In the meanwhile, peel and chop the fruit.
- Add the milk, coconut yogurt and chopped fruit, stir and enjoy your oatmeal bowl.
- We used unsweetened soy milk, but feel free to use any sweetened plant milk you want or any sweetener you have on hand.
- Best when fresh, keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 1 to 2 days.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 25 g
- Sodium: 34 mg
- Fat: 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 49.9 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 5.8 g