- 1 14-ounce can full fat coconut milk (400 ml)
- 3 probiotic supplements, see notes
- 2 tsp agave or maple syrup (optional)
- Chill the coconut milk can in the fridge overnight.
- Remove the can from the fridge. Open it. There will be a firm and thick white layer of coconut cream on top. Scoop the coconut cream into a bowl.
- Add the coconut water that has settled to the bottom of the can gently and stir with a fork until you get the consistency you’re looking for. I added 4 tablespoons of coconut water, but you may want to add more or less, depending on your taste or the brand you’re using.
- If you want a perfect and smooth consistency, you should blend the yogurt, but it’s up you. I blended mine to make this yogurt, but I don’t blend it on a daily basis, I just mix it with a fork.
- Add the 3 probiotic supplements (you only need the probiotic powder, so empty the capsules). Mix well.
- Cover with a cheesecloth or a napkin (pretty much any piece of cloth will do) and let it sit in a dark, cool room for at least 12 hours. If you leave it ferment longer, it will be more acidic.
- Add a sweetener of your choice and stir. This step is optional.
- When the yogurt is ready, keep it in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
* If you can’t find the probiotic supplements, add 3 tbsp of any store-bought coconut or plant based yogurt. Use this yogurt next time.