This 15 minute coconut green pasta is amazing, you only need 15 minutes and 9 ingredients to make it, it’s the perfect recipe: quick, easy, delicious, exotic and so creamy!
We’ve used gluten-free pasta, made with corn and rice flour, you’re gonna love it, I promise! And you won’t notice the difference.
The sauce has a beautiful and intense green color, that’s because of the spinach. We’ve used raw spinach because it has more nutrients than cooked spinach, is healthier and you save time. In addition, they lose color when they’re cooked.
We’ve added sesame seeds and basil on top, but this is completely optional. You can add other ingredients like veggies, nuts, seeds or even nutritional yeast.
This recipe is super easy, you only have to cook the sauce for about 5 or 10 minutes, blend it until smooth, and mix it with the cooked pasta. That’s all! You can enjoy this creamy, spicy and tasty pasta in only 15 minutes.
We haven’t added any salt, but you can try the sauce and add salt if you want, it’s up to you!
Coconut milk has fat, but it’s a lighter and healthier option than cream or butter, we love it and we think it tastes better. You can eat coconut milk without fear of gaining weight if you eat it in moderation and if you have a healthy and balanced diet.
You can add oil when the pasta is ready, but it’s not necessary because the sauce is so creamy, in fact, I usually don’t add it because I prefer a lighter version. You can also add lemon juice.
We always use extra virgin olive oil because we’re Spanish (it’s a healthy choice and we love how it tastes!), but you can use your favorite one.
If you love simple and tasty recipes as much as we do, you have to try these 15 minutes coconut green pasta, this is the perfect recipe, it’s quick, easy, delicious, creamy, tasty, exotic and the most important thing, it’s ready in only 15 minute! It’s one of our favorite pasta recipes, we really really LOVE it!
- 14 oz gluten-free pasta (400 grams)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cayenne pepper or 1 tsp chili powder
- 13.5 fl ounces coconut milk (400 milliliters)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cups spinach (60 grams)
- Cook the minced garlic and the cayenne pepper (chopped) with olive oil until golden brown.
- Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, ground ginger and pepper and cook over medium heat for at least 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and add the spinach. Blend until smooth.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Drain the pasta and pour it into the pan with the sauce and mix them. You can cook both for 5 minutes more for a more intense flavor.
Adapted from Parade on produce.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 579
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 31 mg
- Fat: 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 18.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 79.4 g
- Fiber: 3.7 g
- Protein: 15.7 g