1-pot vegetable Thai curry, made with 10 ingredients in just 30 minutes! We like to serve it with some rice to have a satisfying and nutritious meal.
Eating vegan in Asia is SO easy, there are options everywhere because their diet is mostly plant-based and tofu or tempeh are common sources of protein, so you can make a nutritious dish easily with some rice, veggies and tofu/tempeh.
When we were in the south of Thailand, we went on a one day trip to some islands and the company offered us vegan food during the tour. We didn’t expect nothing especial, but they surprised us with a delicious Thai feast, including a Thai curry very similar to this one.
This version is even simpler (with less veggies and spices) because we wanted to use only 10 ingredients, that are also easy to get at your local supermarket.
It’s better to use yellow curry paste, but any other curry paste will do (red or green) and even curry powder as I explain you with more detail in the notes of the recipe box. Curry powder is really easy to find, so everybody can make this amazing dish!
looking for more Thai recipes?
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a comment below, share it, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk (400 ml)
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- 1 tbsp yellow curry paste, see notes
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and carrot
- 1 cup broccoli (3.5 oz or 100 g), chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 7 oz firm tofu (200 g), chopped
- 1 tbsp cane, coconut or brown sugar
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- Add the coconut milk, water and yellow curry paste to a wok stir fry pan or a large pot, stir and bring to a boil, then cook over medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and carrot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Finally, add the rest of the ingredients, stir and cook for another 10 minutes or until the veggies are cooked. Serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
- Use vegan yellow curry paste. We’ve seen some that are made with fish.
- If you can’t find yellow curry paste, any other curry paste is okay (red, green) or even curry powder. I’ve never made this recipe using curry powder myself, so I don’t know how much you should use. Just add 1 tsp of curry powder, stir, try the curry, and add more if needed. Our curry paste was spicy, so you could add some cayenne powder as well.
- Add your favorite veggies.
- Any sweetener will do, or just omit it if you want.
- Tamari or soy sauce can be replaced by coconut aminos or salt.
- If you prefer a low-fat version of this curry, add more water or vegetable stock and less coconut milk.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 8.2 g
- Sodium: 288 mg
- Fat: 28.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 21.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.7 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 9.7 g