We’ve shared some dairy-free cheese recipes on the blog and they’re quite popular because cheese is one the things that people who goes plant based miss the most. I love them all, but there are two recipes I really adore: our vegan cheese and our vegan parmesan cheese, everybody loves them!
Looking for new dishes, I found an amazing lasagna soup (recipe coming soon!) which is usually served with some ricotta cheese on top. I decided to make a vegan version, so I did my research online and also took a lot at Artisan Vegan Cheese, a great book you need to read if you want to make delicious vegan cheeses.
I’m in love with this vegan tofu ricotta! It requires only 4 ingredients, is ready in less than 5 minutes and is so delicious as a dip and spread onto a slice of bread or a rice cake. Besides, I want to make lasagna or cannelloni with this awesome dairy-free cheese. I’m sure it will be awesome!
- Tofu is the main ingredient, so I can’t give you another alternative, sorry!
- Nutritional yeast is also an essential ingredient because it gives the ricotta a cheesy flavor. I know it’s not easy to find it in some countries, bur you can also use brewer’s yeast (the reduced bitterness kind). If you prefer a more intense flavor, use our vegan parmesan cheese instead.
- 10 oz firm tofu (275 g), drained *
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Chop the tofu and place it with the rest of the ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend just for a few seconds until you get the consistency you can see in the pictures.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.