I’m so excited because I can make recipes using pumpkin puree now, yay! When I made it at home, I knew I needed to try this recipe and is to die for. If you like my vegan pasta Alfredo as much i as do, you really need to give this recipe a try, I think it’s even better and also simpler.
I’m in love with the sauce, it’s super creamy, lighter than the traditional Alfredo, easy to make and is ready in less than 15 minutes. We added some ground black pepper for garnish, but is also delicious with some nutritional yeast, chopped fresh basil or vegan Parmesan cheese on top.
- Feel free to use any plant milk you like.
- If you don’t have pumpkin puree on hand, use some baked, steamed or boiled pumpkin instead and blend the sauce.
- Nutritional yeast is hard to find in some countries, but you can use some brewer’s yeast, beer, vegan Parmesan cheese or any vegan cheese you want.
- We used cornstarch to make the sauce thicker, but feel free to use any other thickener.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the garlic over medium-high heat until golden brown.
- Add 1 cup of almond milk (250 ml), the pumpkin puree, salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the milk (1/2 cup or 125 ml) and the cornstarch in a bowl and pour the mixture into the pan along with the rest of the ingredients (lemon juice and nutritional yeast).
- Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
- Add the pasta, stir and serve.
- We added more ground black pepper on top.