We’re so happy because we’ve just posted our first Youtube video, yay! We’re really excited because we wanted to make videos since January, but we’ve been so busy. Fortunately, here we are, with a new project we love.
We’ll share 3 videos every single week on Youtube every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and also 3 posts on the blog with the full recipes.
This is not our first blog, we started Danza de Fogones (our Spanish blog) 3 years ago and this simple hummus was our first recipe. Once again, we start a new project with a hummus recipe and like pesto is one of our favorite things in the whole world, we decided to make this delicious vegan pesto hummus.
English is not my first language, so please forgive me if I pronounce something wrong. Subtitles are available just in case you need them. At the beginning we thought about starting the Youtube channel only in Spanish, but we love you so much and we’re so thankful for having you in our lives, so we also want to make English videos for you guys.
Thanks a lot for all your support and please subscribe to our channel for more delicious, simple, healthy, vegan recipes. Hope you like the video!Print
Vegan Pesto Hummus
This vegan pesto hummus is a delicious appetizer or spread. It’s a super healthy and simple recipe and is really easy to make.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 2-4
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 ¼ cups canned or cooked chickpeas (400 g)
- 2 tbsp raw or roasted tahini
- The juice of 1 lemon and a half
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup raw or roasted pine nuts (35 g)
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves (30 g)
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor or a blender.
- Blend for about one minute or until you get a super smooth and creamy hummus. Try it and add more salt or any other ingredient if needed. If the hummus is too thick for you, add more oil or water and if it’s too watery, add more chickpeas.
- The hummus is ready to eat, just serve it in a bowl with some pita bread, crudités, tortilla chips or whatever you want. Keep it in the fridge in a sealed container for about 5 days.
Did you make this recipe?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!