It’s really easy to make vegan sandwiches, but at the beginning I didn’t know how to make them because I used to add cheese and other non-vegan foods. Today I want to show you my favorite vegan sandwich, it’s made with three ingredients I really love: vegan pesto, hummus and avocado. If you like them, you really NEED to try this recipe, it’s amazing!
If you prefer to keep things simple, omit the homemade pesto and add some nutritional yeast and garlic powder instead and your sandwich will be awesome as well.Print
Vegan Pesto, Hummus, Avocado Sandwich
To make this sandwich I used some of my favorite ingredients in the whole world: vegan pesto, hummus and avocado. It’s amazing!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 1
For the pesto:
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts (30 g)
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 handfuls of fresh basil leaves (30 g)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 5-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the sandwich:
- 1-2 tbsp pesto
- 1-2 tbsp hummus
- Lettuce or any leafy green
- Tomato slices
- We’re going to make the vegan pesto first. Add the garlic, walnuts, nutritional yeast, fresh basil, sea salt, ground black pepper and extra virgin olive oil in a food processor or a blender and blend until well combined.
- We’re not going to use all the pesto, so you can make less if you want.
- Spread the bread with pesto and hummus (one on each).
- Place some lettuce, avocado and tomato slices. Feel free to add some sea salt and black pepper if you want.
- And our sandwich is ready! You can add any veggie or ingredient you like, sandwiches are always delicious!