Welcome to Minimal Eats! This is our first post. We started a blog in Spanish ten months ago, you can take a look here. We’ll translate all the recipes (more than 150!) as soon as we can. English is not our native language so please excuse our spelling, we try!
You’re going to love this vegan pesto bruschetta recipe because it’s quick, easy and so delicious! It’s ready in less than 15 minutes and it tastes like traditional pesto.
Bruschetta is an appetizer or antipasto from Italy. There are many variations, but this is our favourite recipe. Traditional pesto is made with Parmesan cheese, but this is a vegan version, you won’t find no difference and it’s healthier and lighter. We have used nutritional yeast instead of cheese.
We’ve used spelt bread because we love whole grains, but you can also use other kind of bread. Cherry tomatoes have the perfect size and look at these beautiful colours! Eat colourful food to keep you healthy.
- 0,9 ounces or 25 grams fresh basil
- 0,9 ounces or 25 grams pine nuts
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1,9 ounces or 50 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Place the basil, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add the olive oil, nutritional yeast, sea salt and pepper, and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Toast the bread in a pan, a toaster or in the oven.
- Spread the pesto over the slices of bread, place cherry tomatoes on top and add some sea salt and pepper.