Fall is perfect to make comforting soups and stews. We made miso soup all the time, it’s one of our favorite soups (we also looooove this tomato soup) and you only need 15 minutes to make it, yay! Besides, this recipe always works and you can add any veggie or ingredient you’ve got on hand. We usually use water, miso and wakame, but the rest of the ingredients vary depending on the season or what we have in the fridge.
I know the traditional miso soup is not vegan, but you should give this recipe a try, it’s really taste, warm and super simple. It’s also perfect if you’re sick or after a long and cold fall or winter day.Print
Vegan Miso Soup With Tofu and Kale
Miso soup is one of our favorite soups and we make it all the time. It’s ready in 15 minutes and is so nutritious.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3-4
- 3 cups water (750 ml)
- 3 tbsp miso*
- 1 tbsp dried wakame
- 5 oz cubed tofu (140 g)**
- 2 handfuls chopped kale (40 g)***
- 1/2 chopped leek
- 1/2 chopped carrot
- 1/2-inch piece of ginger root (about 1cm), chopped
- Pour the water into a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Mix some hot water with the miso paste in a bowl. Set aside.
- Place all the ingredients in the pot and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes. You can cook the veggies longer if you want.
- When the soup is ready, remove from the heat, add the miso and water mixture and stir until well combined.
- And our miso soup is ready to serve! You can also add the veggies raw, but I prefer to cook them. Feel free to add rice, noodles, potatoes or any veggies you like.
* Use any type of miso you want
** We used firm tofu, but any other type of tofu is okay
*** Feel free to use any other leafy green