As I told you on my previous post, I found a lasagna soup recipe I wanted to try, so I made a vegan and healthier version inspired by Laura in the kitchen‘s recipe. I love her channel so much, even though it’s not vegan and as healthy as our blog is, but her recipes are amazing and so inspiring.
This is a quick and easy way to make lasagna and it’s perfect for those busy days when you’re craving a plant based lasagna, but you only have 30 minutes to make it. You can make a vegan and healthy version of any recipe you love, it can be hard at the beginning, but after a while, it’s quite simple.
Summer is coming, so I’m making the last soups of the season because eating soup in the hot summer of Spain can be a challenge. Good bye soups and stews, hello smoothies and salads!
- If you prefer to use dried lentils, cook them according to package directions. I would add about 1/3 to 1/2 cup (65 to 100 g) and you’ll probably need to add more broth or water.
- Feel free to add fresh tomatoes or tomato sauce instead of the canned tomatoes. I would add the same amount (28 oz or 800 g).
- If you prefer a gluten-free recipe, use gf lasagna noodles or gf pasta of your choice.
- Add your favorite veggies, herbs and spices.
- This recipe is oil-free, but you can add any non refined oil or any healthy fat you want.
- Add more or less broth or water, depending on the consistency you’re looking for (a soup, a stew or something in between).
- ½ chopped onion
- ½ celery stalk, chopped
- 1 cup cooked or canned lentils (175 g)
- 2 14-ounce cans chopped tomatoes (800 g)
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable broth or water (500 to 750 ml)
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ pound whole wheat lasagna noodles (250 g)
- 6 basil leaves
- Vegan tofu ricotta (optional)
- Place all the ingredients in a large pot (except the lasagna noodles, basil leaves and ricotta cheese).
- Bring it to a boil and then cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Chop the lasagna noodles with your hands.
- Add the lasagna noodles to the soup and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add more or less water, depending on how thick you want your soup.
- Remove from heat, add the basil leaves, stir and serve with some vegan tofu ricotta on top.
- Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days. You can also freeze it.