These pancakes are vegan, gluten and sugar-free and it’s the best pancakes recipe I’ve ever tried, it’s so awesome and really easy to make.
This is a healthy version of pancakes with less cholesterol and fat than other recipes, but it tastes amazing, you’re gonna love it. We eat these pancakes with sliced banana and agave syrup, it’s our favorite topping!
We usually use bananas or applesauce instead of eggs in our sweet vegan recipes, but you can also use flax eggs or chia seeds. We like bananas and apple sauce because they are cheap and so easy to get, but we’ll share with you recipes using other alternatives.
We’ve used soy milk, but you can also use other plant milk and you can make you own milk, it’s cheaper, healthier and it tastes amazing. You can make almond milk following our recipe, it’s quick and easy!
These pancakes are gluten-free because we’ve used rice and oat flour instead of wheat flour. You can find rice flour in many supermarkets and grocery stores, and we make our oat flour grinding oats, but you can buy it too.
Although you can use other kind of flour, maybe you should add more or less milk, but your pancakes will be awesome too!
We love agave syrup, it’s a great and healthy sugar substitute, but you can use honey (if you’re not vegan), maple syrup, sugar or whatever sweetener you like. You can try the batter because it’s egg-free and you can add more sweetener if you want.
I really love vanilla flavor, that’s why I use vanilla extract in almost all my sweet recipes, but I only use homemade vanilla extract, it’s really easy to make and soooo cheap. Vanilla extract is optional, so you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to.
You’re gonna love these pancakes because they are soft, fluffy, sweet, healthy and your kitchen is gonna smell like heaven, but be careful, they are addictive and you’ll always want more!
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl (rice flour, oat flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon).
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl (milk, agave syrup, vanilla extract and oil). Add sliced bananas and blend until smooth. You also can add smashed bananas, so you won't need to blend.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients with a blender or with a wood spoon.
- Place ¼ cup of batter in a hot pan lightly greased and cook for about two minutes for each side.
- Serve with sliced banana and agave syrup.