This is another recipe you can make using our low fat vegan mozzarella. These vegan crostini are so delicious and they’re ready in less than 10 minutes, so you should give this recipe a try guys.
Caprese crostini are quite popular, they’re made with mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil, but I wanted to try something different, so I added sliced strawberries instead and also some balsamic vinegar.
I’m always trying new kitchen appliances because I’m a food blogger and also because I love them so much. I’m obsessed with my new griddler grill or panini press, it’s so inexpensive and is also so convenient if you want to cook without oil.
Do you know we’re offering a 50% off ebook sale? You can buy one of our ebooks for 4.5€ (about $4.84) and both of them for just 6.75€ (about $7.26) until next Friday. Here are the links to our ebooks and the ebook bundle just in case you’re interested: Simple Vegan Meals, Simple Vegan Smoothies or the ebook bundle. Thanks for your support!
- Feel free to use any type of bread you want.
- Use any store-bough or homemade vegan cheese instead of our mozzarella, or just add some nutritional yeast or our vegan parmesan cheese on top.
- Add any sweet or savory ingredient you want instead of the strawberries if you don’t like them or they’re not in season.
- The basil can be replaced for any fresh or dried herb.
- Any type of vinegar is okay. You can even omit this ingredient.
You just need 5 ingredients to make these amazing vegan crostini. They’re so easy to make and are ready in less than 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 3
- 3 bread slices, we used spelt bread
- Low fat vegan mozzarella to taste, sliced
- 3 or 4 strawberries, sliced
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Toast the bread slices until golden brown. We used a griddler grill or panini press, but you can also use a toaster, a pan or even the oven.
- Place the mozzarella, the strawberries and the fresh basil on top.
- Add some balsamic vinegar to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 crostini
- Calories: 139
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 229.6 mg
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.6 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 7.7 g