We used to eat burritos very often, especially for lunch, but it’s hard to find healthy tortillas here in Spain, they’re usually made of white flour and contain so many additives and preservatives, so we’ve been making this burrito bowl a lot lately.
You can add your favorite ingredients or what you have on hand, it’s also a great way to use up leftovers. It can also be a great lunch box recipe, in that case store the dressing in another container and add it just before serving.
I prefer to eat the rice, corn kernels and refried beans hot, but you can also eat them cold if you want, as if it was a burrito salad, it’s a good idea, especially in summer. I would add more fresh veggies and less rice and beans, but it’s up to you!
- Feel free to use any type of rice you want. Brown rice is a healthier option, but it takes longer to cook than white rice.
- Use your favorite veggies and herbs.
- You can also add some salsa instead of the tahini dressing.
Vegan Burrito Bowl
This burrito bowl is so tasty and satisfying. It’s also a great way to use up leftovers and it can also be a great lunch box recipe.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2-4
- Cook the rice and the corn kernels, according to package directions. We don’t add any salt.
- Prepare the fat-free vegan refried beans. Use our recipe if you want.
- To assemble the burrito bowl just place the rice, refried beans, red cabbage and lettuce in the bowl and garnish with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add dressing to taste and serve.
- If you’re not going to eat it immediately, don’t add the dressing. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe without the dressing
- Calories: 295
- Sugar: 3.6 g
- Sodium: 589.1mg
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 47.8g
- Fiber: 9.8g
- Protein: 9 g