Aioli was my favorite sauce when I wasn’t vegan and also after I went vegan because I learnt how to make an egg-free version using soy milk instead, but as it’s so high in fat, I didn’t make it very often until I discovered this wonderful vegan aioli recipe. I can’t believe it’s oil-free, made with natural ingredients and tastes SO GOOD.
I’ve always used unsalted raw cashews to make this recipe, but if you can’t find them, you could try to use roasted or salted cashews instead. Please don’t use fried cashews, they’re not healthy at all and are usually made with refined oils. If you can’t find any type of cashews, try our vegan green aioli (omit the spinach if you want).
Did you like this oil-free vegan aioli? Then check out these sauce recipes: vegan mayo, 2-minute healthy ketchup, homemade enchilada sauce, vegan Caesar salad dressing and oil-free vegan yogurt sauce.
If you make this recipe, please leave a comment below, rate it or tag a picture @simpleveganblog on Instagram and hashtag it #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!
Vegan Aioli (Oil-free)
You only need 5 ingredients to make this vegan aioli. It’s delicious, creamy, oil-free and ready in less than 5 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cup (200 g)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp water (95 ml)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2/3 cup unsalted raw cashews (100 g)
- Soak the cashews overnight.
- Drain and rinse them, then blend them with the rest of the ingredients in a regular blender until smooth.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Remove germ from garlic or use garlic powder to make the aioli easier to digest.
- Apple cider vinegar can be used instead of the lemon juice.
- Add more or less water depending on how thick you like your aioli.
- Try the aioli and add more salt or garlic if needed and blend again.
- Omit the garlic clove to make a delicious oil-free mayo.
- Serving Size: 1 tbsp aioli
- Calories: 35
- Sugar: 0.4 g
- Sodium: 29.9 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 1.1 g