Carbs are my friend! I’m following a high carb vegan diet and I feel awesome, but I eat healthy carbs, not the refined and processed ones.
Sweet potatoes are a great potato alternative, they have a lower glycemic index, more fiber, manganese, calcium and vitamins A, C and B6. Some people prefer sweet potatoes, but I eat both (I love potatoes so much!).
This salad is so colorful and nutritious and it’s the perfect meal to eat on the go. I baked the sweet potatoes, but if you want, you can also steam them. I think they taste better when they’re baked, but it takes longer to cook them.
- Feel free to use your favorite veggies and legumes.
- I cooked dry chickpeas because they’re healthier, although it’s okay if you use canned chickpeas.
- If you don’t like sweet potatoes, use white potatoes instead.
- Oil is optional, you can omit it or use tahini.
- I didn’t add salt, but it’s up to you. I usually use sea salt or Herbamare.
Sweet Potato Salad
This sweet potato salad is so colorful and nutritious and it’s the perfect meal to eat on the go. I baked the sweet potatoes, but you can also steam them.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 cup diced sweet potato (265 g)
- 1 cup cooked or canned chickpeas (165 g)
- 1 diced cucumber
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (75 g)
- 1 cup lamb’s lettuce (30 g)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC or 355ºF.
- Bake the sweet potato for 35 minutes or until it’s cooked.
- Mix all the ingredients, add the lemon juice, the spices and olive oil to taste (optional). Stir and serve.
- If you’re gonna eat the salad on the go, let the sweet potatoes and chickpeas cool down before mixing it all together and storing it in an airtight container.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).