I tried quinoa for the first time a couple of months ago and it was love at first sight. I really recommend you to try this super satisfying vegan quinoa chili. If you like chili as much as I do, you’re gonna love this delicious recipe. It’s spicy, creamy, super satisfying, hot and is one of the best chili I’ve ever tried.
If you wanna know more about this healthy ingredient you can read our vegan quinoa and broccoli casserole. It’s an excellent source of protein and you can make amazing dishes with quinoa.
I couldn’t live without avocados, I love them! If you eat them in moderation they are so nutritious and they are an excellent source of healthful fats. I eat half an avocado almost every day, and there are a lot of recipes you can make with this gorgeous fruit, but my favorite way to them are salads.
Since I’ve tried vegan sour cream I’m so obsessed with it! You can use it in so many dishes, it’s healthier and lighter than other sauces and it’s so delicious. If you wanna make it you can find the recipe in our vegan taco lettuce wraps recipe. It’s ready in 1 or 2 minutes, you only have to place all the ingredients in the blender and blend.
If you can’t find quinoa or you don’t like it, you can use rice, couscous, lentils or any legume, in fact, we’ve used red beans to make this amazing recipe. Red beans are a good source of protein and they have a high antioxidant content. You can remove the sour cream for a lighter version, but it’s totally worth it, it’s so creamy, tasty and it has only 34 calories per tablespoon!
You can add other veggies or substitute any of them and of course you can remove cayenne if you don’t like spicy dishes, although a chili with no cayenne (or similar ingredient) is not a good chili!
I eat legumes during all the year, even in summer, although here in Spain is so hot. You can eat them in soups, stews or chilis (you NEED to try this super satisfying chili!), but you can also eat cold recipes such as salads or hummus. I really love hummus, it’s so refreshing and delicious!
Super Satisfying Vegan Quinoa Chili
This super satisfying vegan quinoa chili is creamy, spicy, satisfying and delicious. You can add vegan sour cream, it has only 34 calories per tablespoon!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Chili
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-free, Mexican
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ onion
- 1 chili or cayenne pepper or a pinch of cayenne powder
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato sauce (270 grams)
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (185 grams)
- 1 cup corn kernels (150 grams)
- 1 cup cooked red beans (115 grams)
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 or 3 cups of water (500 or 750 milliliters)
- 1 avocado
- 1 carrot
- Vegan sour cream to taste
- In a non-stick frying pan, heat the olive oil on medium high heat. Add garlic, onion and cayenne pepper (chopped) and cook until golden brown.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, herbs and spices (cilantro, cumin, paprika and pepper), cooked quinoa, corn kernels, cooked red beans and 2 or 3 cups of water, making sure to cover all the ingredients. Cook for about 30 minutes over medium heat.
- When the chili is ready, add the lemon juice, stir and serve with avocado, carrot and vegan sour cream.
Recipe adapted from Damn Delicious.
- Serving Size: 1/4 de la receta (excluding vegan sour cream)
- Calories: 353
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 381.2 mg
- Fat: 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 50.8 g
- Fiber: 12.6 g
- Protein: 13 g