We have just found out about Spicy Roasted Chickpeas. The recipe is light, incredibly easy to prepare and you can use your favorite spices. In addition, these chickpeas are a really tasty snack!
You can boil the chickpeas an then put it in the oven, but we tried just baking and we love the result. We’ve used our favorites spices, but you can change it and try different mixtures.
We eat chickpeas almost every week, it’s a great source of healthy protein and a very nutritious food.
A lot of roasted chickpeas recipes include oil, so you can spread the spices easily, but we’ve used lemon juice because it’s healthier and has less calories.
Last week we went to the movies and I got sick because of the popcorn and Coca Cola Zero. I think it was because I rarely eat that kind of food, so I thought it would be a great idea to find an alternative snack lighter and healthier.
If you are on a diet, you should try these spicy roasted chickpeas when you want a snack or when you want something healthy to eat while you’re watching a movie at home, because it’s easy to make and you can eat with no regrets. Some diets forbid chickpeas and other legumes, and I don’t know why, there are a lot of healthy recipes using them.
- 1 cup dry chickpeas (200 grams)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon curry
- Soak the dry chickpeas overnight.
- Next day preheat the oven to 390 degrees F.
- Put chickpeas in a bowl and add lemon juice, spices and mix using your hands.
- Place the spicy chickpeas in an oven sheet with baking paper and put it in the middle rack of the oven.
- Let the chickpeas roast from 40 to 45 minutes.