Hi everyone! We’ve been in Pamplona with my family, but we’re back and we’ll answer your emails and comments as soon as possible, thanks a lot for your patience and for being always there, we love you!
Pisto is a traditional Spanish dish and it’s similar to ratatouille. There are so many recipes, but this is my mother’s version and I love it, although unlike me, she doesn’t add potatoes.
Pisto is usually served with fried or scramble eggs, but you need to try this recipe, it tastes amazing and is also cruelty-free. If you can’t live without eggs, you can make vegan scramble using tofu and black salt (Kala Namak), you won’t find any difference!
- You can add your favorite veggies like carrot, leek or eggplant, this recipe always works.
- Feel free to use another non-refined oil instead the extra virgin olive oil (I also love coconut oil).
- Canned or fresh tomatoes can be used instead of the tomato sauce, but you should cook the pisto longer.
Pisto is a traditional Spanish dish and it’s similar to ratatouille. There are so many recipes, but this is my mother’s version and I love it.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Savory
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free, Spanish
- ½ diced potato
- ½ diced zucchini
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- ½ diced onion
- ½ diced green bell pepper
- ½ diced red bell pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- ½ cup tomato sauce (125 g)
- I steam the potato and the zucchini for about 15 minutes, but you can also boil or fry them.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan and sauté the rest of the veggies for 5 or 10 minutes. Add sea salt to taste.
- Add the potato and the zucchini (cooked) and also the tomato sauce. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram (or any other social network).