I eat pasta at least once or twice a week because it’s a delicious and satisfying food and you can make so many pasta recipes in 15 or 20 minutes, like this simple vegan Piquillo pepper pasta.
I use gluten-free pasta made with corn and rice flour because is the only gluten-free pasta I can get easily in Spain, but there are other healthy alternatives.
I always add oregano and homemade vegan Parmesan cheese on top, but it’s not necessary. This cheese is lighter and healthier than original Parmesan cheese and also tastes so good.
To make the recipe you only need: extra virgin olive oil (feel free to use other oil, but please avoid refined oils), garlic, sun dried tomatoes, Piquillo peppers and tomato sauce. You can also add some sea salt if you want.
Remove the sun dried tomatoes if you can’t find them. I rehydrate the tomatoes soaking them in a bowl with hot water for at least 20 minutes (or until they’re ready).
The Piquillo pepper is a variety of chile, but it has a sweet taste with no heat. It’s traditionally grown in Nothern Spain (where I come from). Its name is derived from the Spanish for “little beak”. In the picture below you can see some Piquillo peppers. If you can’t get them, don’t worry, use roasted red peppers instead or sauté julienne bell pepper with oil and chopped garlic.
The vegan Parmesan cheese is not necessary, but I love it so much. Besides, it’s ready in less than 5 minutes and you only need 4 ingredients to make it. In the picture below you can see the pasta with no oregano or cheese, it also looks amazing.
If you’re busy and don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen, make a simple recipe like this simple vegan Piquillo pepper pasta, but don’t eat junk or convenience food, they’re not good for you!
We love to see your pictures and comments, so if you make this simple vegan Piquillo pepper pasta, please leave a comment or tag a picture #simpleveganblog on Instagram or any other social network. Have a nice day!
Simple Vegan Piquillo Pepper Pasta (GF)
If you’re busy and don’t want to spend much time in the kitchen, you need to make this simple vegan Piquillo pepper pasta recipe. It’s ready in 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Pasta
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 2/3 cup Piquillo peppers (150 g)
- 1 cup tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes (250 g)
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 8.5 oz spaghetti (240 g)
- Salt to taste
- Vegan Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta following package directions.
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a saucepan and sauté the garlics (chopped) over medium heat until golden brown.
- To rehydrate sun dried tomatoes you can soak them in a bowl with hot water for about 20 or 30 minutes.
- In a blender, add the garlic with the oil, sun dried tomatoes, Piquillo peppers and tomato sauce or chopped tomatoes. Blend until smooth.
- Cook in the saucepan the sauce and the pasta for about 5 minutes.
- Serve with oregano and vegan Parmesan cheese on top.