Here’s the first of some recipes we’re going to share with you for Valentine’s Day. We’ll also make a round-up with more delicious sweet and savory dishes for this special day.
We don’t believe in buying presents to celebrate our love, we prefer to invest our money in experiences, rather than material things. If you want to do something special for your partner, consider to prepare him or her a delicious, vegan, healthy dinner, it can be fun and there are many simple recipes you can make.
It’s almost impossible to find oil-free tortilla chips or corn tortillas here in Spain, all of them are full of nasty additives and refined oils. We could make homemade corn tortillas, but it takes time and since we discovered potato nachos, we make them all the time! They’re cheap, healthy and super easy to make, so, we love them!
- We used the fat-free vegan cheese sauce we posted yesterday, but we only added half of the amount we made. You can also make our popular vegan cheese, which is not fat-free, but tastes awesome. The rest of the ingredients are optional, you can omit them or use others you like.
- This recipe reheat well, but if you can, add the avocado and the cilantro just before serving.
- 1 pound potatoes (450 g)
- Fat free vegan cheese sauce to taste
- ½ cup cooked or canned frijoles or black beans (90 g)
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper (40 g)
- ¼ cup corn kernels (40 g)
- ½ avocado
- A handful of fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 390ºF or 200ºC.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into wedges. Place them onto a baking tray and bake them for 30 minutes. We recommend you to put parchment paper onto the baking tray.
- Add the cheese, beans and red bell pepper. Bake for 10 minutes more. If the potatoes are not soft, bake them longer.
- Add the corn kernels, avocado and cilantro and serve.
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Please leave a comment below or tag a picture #simpleveganblog. We’d love to see what you cook!