I eat salads during all the year, but in summer they are the perfect meal, especially for dinner or when it’s so hot. They are healthy fast food, you can make a salad in minutes. This potato salad with vegan ranch dressing is my new obsession, I’ve found the perfect vegan dressing. It’s so good!
Ranch dressing is one of the best-selling salad dressings in the USA, but the traditional recipe is not vegan, so I’ve veganized it and I’m so happy with the result.
Potato salads are the perfect choice for eating out, they are very well preserved, unlike the leafy greens. This salad tastes even better two hours after cooked.
If you can’t get all the dressing ingredients, don’t worry! Be creative and remove or substitute any ingredient, your dressing will be so delicious too.
To make the ranch dressing I’ve used homemade vegan mayonnaise (made with extra virgin olive oil and soy milk) and homemade vegan sour cream. I’ll share with you the vegan mayonnaise recipe soon, I promise!
I’m always trying new salad recipes because I eat salads every day and I think it’s important to have a healthy, balanced and varied diet. In addition, if you always eat the same recipe, you’ll probably get bored, and salads are so beneficial for our health. So try this potato salad with vegan ranch dressing and take care of your body.
- 14 oz potatoes (400 grams)
- ½ onion
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup corn kernels (90 grams)
- 12 green olives
- Vegan Ranch Dressing*
- Cook the potatoes. You can steam or boil them for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Set aside.
- When potatoes are cool, dice them and place them in a bowl. Add chopped onion and cherry tomatoes, corn kernels and green olives. I've used frozen corn kernels, so I cooked them according to package directions. Let the corn kernels cool before you add to the salad.
- Add the vegan ranch dressing and let the salad stand in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise (240 grams)
- ½ cup vegan sour cream (120 grams)
- 1 teaspoon or tamari soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon tarragon
- Black pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and let cool in the fridge.