Leading an active life and exercising more are two of the most popular New Year’s resolutions, so I want to share with you my favorite post workout smoothie.
I usually add some greens because they’re a good plant based protein source and also are rich in vitamins and minerals that our bodies need. If you’re not used to have green smoothies, I recommend you to start adding spinach, you won’t notice (almost) any difference. Kale is another great option, but it has a stronger taste.
Having this smoothie after an intense workout is great, but you can also have it any other time. I love to have a smoothie for breakfast, as a snack or to replace a meal. If you want to know more about smoothies and make your own recipes, take a look at our eBook Simple Vegan Smoothies.
Good nutrition is an important part of leading a healthy lifestyle, but you really need to exercise at least 3 times a week if you want to be healthy and feel your best. I’ve never been an active person, but I’m working on it. We can do it! ?
- Use fresh or frozen strawberries or any other berries.
- Almond butter or any other nut butter can be used instead of the peanut butter. You can also add some nut milk or just some nuts or seeds.
- Feel free to add other ingredients like greens, plant based protein or superfoods.
Post Workout Smoothie
This is my favorite post workout smoothie. It’s perfect to fuel your body after an intense workout, but you can enjoy it any time!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1-2
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of the recipe
- Calories: 198
- Sugar: 17.8 g
- Sodium: 55.2 mg
- Fat: 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.7 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 6.8 g